Faculty Development Programme on Case Writing and Developing Case Teaching Skills on 4-5 May 2018
Introduction to workshop
SCMS Cochin School of Business is hosting an applied and intensive two day Faculty Development Programme on case writing and developing case teaching skills on 4- 5 May 2018.
Cases are customarily being utilized while teaching students concerning higher order thinking like critical analysis and elucidation. Having done so, this sort of active learning and engaging exercise draws in tackling real time issues causing students to better apply what they learn to similar problem situation. Despite the fact that writing cases is a testing assignment, the learning outcomes that originate from their utilization are rewarding. This workshop will concentrate on the three key areas of figuring out how to facilitate with case studies, writing own cases and using cases as to enhance teaching abilities. This workshop will empower participants to reveal how cases might be coordinated with lectures and different class exercises or they might in like manner be utilized stand-alone. By looking at how one needs the case to bolster ones teaching and students' learning, one will have the capacity to choose what case must do and how one ought to write the case. Whether one is new to this technique or needs to enhance teaching skills, this workshop will qualify the participants to create confidence, certainty and abilities to end up a powerful case instructor.
The programme will give a far reaching scope of the real issues identified with case analysis, case writing and case teaching abilities. A couple of real themes are highlighted underneath
- Case development process: trigger selection, case structure development, preparing the case study, editing and testing the case
- Developing the teaching note
- Case teaching and learning environment
- Effectively leading a dynamic discussion while analysing a case
- Managing the classroom and student engagement effectively
- Designing a case based course
- Sources of case data
- Significance of case opening and closing sections incorporating comprehensive review and individuals work
- Planning and implementation of an effective case based session
Dates : 4-5 May 2018
Session timings : 9 AM to 5 PM on both days
- Dr. Sanjeev Prasher – Professor in Marketing at IIM Raipur, have organized sessions for more than 8000 hours of training. Some of the Organizations /Institutions where consulting/ training assignments have been undertaken include Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL), Consortium Strategic HR Solutions, Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd. (BHEL), HCM Rajasthan Institute of Public Administration, State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur (SBBJ), Life Insurance Corporation of India (LIC), Dept. of Science & Technology, Govt. of India, Rajasthan Tourism Development Corporation (RTDC), State Women Commission, Govt. of Rajasthan, National Research Centre on Camel, Govt. of India, IFFCO, Jindal Steel & Power Ltd, Technical Education Quality Improvement Program (Government of India), SCERT (Govt. of Chhattisgarh, India). Conducted numerous Open Programs at IMT Ghaziabad, IIM Raipur and other institutes. Areas of training include: Case Teaching and Writing, Effective Selling; Customer Centricity; Personality Development; Team Building and Effective Communication and Presentation.
- Dr. Doris John - Senior Faculty Research at Amity Research Centre, Chennai, has specialized in developing case studies as pedagogical tools for management education. She has published more than 300 Case Studies and Teaching Notes on the Case Centre, with leading international B-Schools and publishing and consulting houses buying them regularly for their use. More than 5000 copies of Cases and Teaching Notes have been sold for use by leading B- Schools around the world. She has publications in Refereed Journals, Magazines and Professional Reference Books and has compiled 9 volumes of Case Study Collection on various subject topics. She has won prizes at International Case competitions. Among these is a prize at the 2015 Global Contest for "Best China-Focused Cases" conducted by China Europe International Business School.
Programme fee :
Academicians/Industry Professionals Individual Rs. 2500.00
Group Registration* Rs. 2000.00
*In order to avail group registration, 3 or more delegates can register as a group. Each must fill the registration form separate and all forms must be sent in a single envelope.
Mode of Payment : Participation fee is to be paid by Demand Draft drawn in favour of "SCMS Cochin" payable Ernakulum.
For further queries and assistance please contact the organisers at SCMS campus.
Accommodation for the participants shall be arranged on request in nearby hotels on corporate rates on direct payment basis.