Prof. Dr. Filomina Parayil George, a distinguished fellow of the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants, UK, and a distinguished Fellow Member of Zambian Institute of Certified Accountant, Zambia, is now the Director, SCMS COCHIN SCHOOL OF BUSINESS, India. She had acquitted herself creditably as the Chief of Finance Division of Zambian Railways prior to joining SCMS-COCHIN in 1996 and had, subsequently, served as Professor and Dean of Academic Administration in SCMS CSB. She was awarded PhD for her outstanding research in Financial Economics by Mahatma Gandhi. University. Her academic initiatives conjoined with her research potentials and organizational deftness culminated in the inception of Finance Forum of SCMS, which worked wonders as a powerful platform for intellectual interaction between industry and management students.
- Impact of Exchange Rate Fluctuations on the Share Prices in the Indian Capital Market -Finance India June 2013 , Finance India Vol XXVII No.2,ISSN-0970- 3772 Quarterly Journal of Indian Institute of Finance , Delhi –June 2013
- Efficacy of Credit Deposit Ratio as a Banking Performance Indicator Finance and Banking : A Collection of Contemporary research – December 2009 co- authored by Dr,. Mercia selva Malar and M. Sudheedran
- Corporate Social Responsibility- a strategic imperative for sustainable growth. LEX et Scientia ET ,Nr XIV 2007 International Journal
- Changing Customer Eexpectations in Retail Banking” September 2004 .
- Compiled and edited a dictionary by name The Lexicon – a glossary of financial terms
Conferences attended and papers presented :
- Accounting Information system The core of Knowledge Management at the National conference on Knowledge Management – at SCMS Cochin – August 2014
- Infrastructure Financing - The key to sustainable growth National level conference at SCMS Cochin – August 2014
- Financial Innovations – A double edged sword – Panorama 2013.
- Financial innovation- a double edged sword, Paper presented at the National conference “Panorama” at SCMS Kochi 2009.
- Microfinance – the Kerala perspective, paper presented at the International conference on Microfinance 2009 .
- Is customer the King? - the changing customer expectations , paper presented at the national conference ‘Panorama’ at SCMS Kochi 2004
Case studies developed:
- "Will the Navaratna SAIL along???” the turn around strategy of SAIL the steel major in India (2006)
- Solarisation CIAL steals the thunder- published on website of Cochin International Airport www. Cial.aero 2016
- The Global round tripping of the currency crisis 2002
- Corporate India , Leveraging, deleveraging and releveraging
- Restructuring- lease of new life for TATA Ceramics .
Book Reviews :
- Business A Changing World Authors : O.C . Ferrell, Geoffrey A. Hirt, DePaul University , Linda Ferrell, University of New Mexico
- The Dark Side of Valuation Author: Aswath Damodaran 2 nd Edition 2009 Publisher: Prentice Hall
- Leading with Questions? How leaders find the right Questions by knowing what to ask’ By Michael Marquardt Wiley India Pvt .limited Seventh Edition 2011, ISBN : 13: 978-0- 07-351172- 6 10-0- 7 -133257- X , Publisher Tata McGraw-Hill Education Private Limited