(Academic Year 2021-22)
The Fellow Programme in Management (FPM) is a full-time/part-time, doctoral programme offering studies in different fields of management and functional areas.
At the time of applying for admission, a candidate is required to choose his/her area of specialization for the purpose of the thesis. Student can pursue research in the following areas:
A student is permitted to change the area of research only with the permission of FPM Committee. The FPM Committee may require the student to do some more courses suitable for the changed research area as the condition for such a change.
Toral number ofseats available for the Fellow Programme in Management is 20 in an academic year.
1.1. Admission Eligibility of Students
a. Postgraduate Degree or equivalent in Engineering and Technology/ Management/ Economics/ Social Science/ Biological Science/ Pure Science/ Commerce/ Humanities with minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 6.0on a 10 point scale, or 60% marks shall be considered for admission to Fellow Programme. Relaxation of 5% for SC / ST / OBC-NC / Differently Abled Person.Professional qualifications of C.A., ICWA, and C.S. with 50% aggregate marks are also considered.
b. Those appearing for their final examination in the respective discipline can also apply. Such students if selected shall be provisionally admitted provided they complete all requirements in obtaining their Postgraduate Degree before 30th September of the year of admission. The admission of these candidates shall remain provisional until they produce the mark sheet proving that they satisfy the eligibility criteria. The deadline for submitting the final year mark sheet is 31st December.
c. In addition to 4.1.a, candidates currently employed in a full time job and having 5 years of full-time executive/managerial/ teaching / research experience as on Sept. 30, 2021 can opt for part time option.
The percentage of aggregate marks is to be calculated as per the practice followed by the concerned university or institution. In case the university/institution does not have a scheme for converting CGPA into equivalent marks, the equivalence will be established by SCMS by dividing the obtained CGPA with the maximum possible CGPA and multiplying the resultant with 100.
1.2. Admission Procedure
1.3. Selection Criteria
Selection for the Fellow Programme shall be based on the following criteria:
Please note: The decision of the Institution Selection Committee regarding admission shall be final.Communication shall be sent only to the selected candidates. The Institution shall not entertainany queries or correspondence in respect of those not selected.
Course Fee for the FPM programme in the academic year 2021-22 is Rs. 1,00,000 per annum. A candidate will have to pay a one time payment of Rs. 2000 towards Admission Charges and Rs. 25000 towards educational resources access fee. Caution Deposit for Rs.10000 (refundable) needs to be paid at the time of admission. The fee can be paid at one go or in two instalments every year.
Students with relevant experience can apply for tutorship/assistance-ship, if awarded, will be eligible for monthly stipend of Rs.15000. The fellowship programme provides a financial support of Rs. 20000 per month to the fulltime students after completion of course work for two years or submission of thesis whichever occur earlier. All selected students, meeting the requirements, are eligible for award of SCMS fellowship.
Revised fee structure if any, shall be uploaded accordingly. The fee will be charged each semester as per Institute rules/ norms applicable from time to time. Details can be obtained through e-mail at: [email protected]
For admission to Fellow Programmes in Management 2021- 22, candidates need to register and fill the application ONLINE only by accessing the website www.scms.edu.in on or before September 30, 2021(5:00 p.m.).
Before applying online, candidates are required to keep ready the following documents for uploading:
S.No. Particulars Size
1 Soft copy of colour photograph (only in JPEG)
2 Soft copy of signature (only in JPEG)
3 EWS/OBC/SC/ST Category Certificate (PDF) (If applicable)
4 10thCertificate/Marksheet (in single PDF)
5 12thcertificate/Diploma and Marksheet (in single PDF)
6 Bachelor’s Degree Consolidated Marksheet (in single PDF)
7 Master’s Degree or Provisional/Consolidated Marksheet (inPDF)
8 Experience certificate(s) and No Objection Certificate (NOC) for In- Service candidates (in single PDF) (If applicable)
9 An abstract of 5000 words about the proposed research area/topic
Note: Candidates appeared or appearing in the qualifying degree can upload all the available marksheets up to pre-final year/semester (in single pdf in A4 size without password protected)
Based on Academic qualifications, Tentative research proposal and its presentation before the Selection Committee, short listed candidates will be required to appear for personal interview SCMS Cochin for final selection.
The candidates are advised to read each and every instruction given in this Information Brochure very carefully before applying Online.
1. Selection Criteria:
2. FPM office of the Institute reserve the right to restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview to a reasonable number, on the basis of qualifications and/or experience.
3. All entries should be carefully made while applying online. SCMS will not be responsible for wrong entries. Candidates shall be sole responsible for the correctness and authenticity of the information / documents provided in the online application.
4. Candidates must fill/enter their CGPA or percentage of marks as issued by their institute/college/university. Candidate must not convert their CGPA into percentage and vice-versa.
5. Online application submitted by the candidates shall be considered final and binding. Requests for making correction in the online application shall not be entertained. Candidates should submit complete online application in all respect. No correspondence / communication will be entertained for incomplete application.
6. Online applications will be scrutinized; relevant documents will be checked / verified for their authenticity.
7. Admission will be offered subject to availability of seats, faculty in the Specialization and the Institute Assistantship.Merely applying for / being shortlisted / appearing for the interview / written test /or subsequent processes do not imply that a candidate will necessarily be offered admission in SCMS.
8. Students shall be governed by ordinance/ regulations in vogue.
9. The Institute has the right to cancel, at any stage, the admission of the candidate who is found admitted to a course to which he/she is not entitled, being unqualified or ineligible in accordance with the rules and regulations in force.
10. Disputes if any, arising out of or relating to any matter whatsoever, concerning the aforesaid shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction in Ernakulam.
11. After joining, Hostel and mess facilities will be provided as per the availability.
FPM Office (Admissions)
SCMS COCHIN SCHOOL OF BUSINESS Prathap Nagar, Muttom, Aluva, Cochin – 683106, Kerala , India
Ph: +91 484 2628000, +917034780008, +919846140099
email: [email protected] , https://www.scms.edu.in/